Monday, February 11, 2008

Godiver Earl Grey

Form: Loose Leaf
Company: Godiva
Price: ?
Rating: 9/10
Review: This tea has created a huge problem for me; first things first; I love it. It's the nicest earl grey I've ever tasted. However, it was a gift to my partner at her shop. The tin says it's Godiva Earl Grey, yet I can find no trace of Godiva tea on the internet. Even their official site does not mention any kind of tea for sale. As such, I know that each infusion is precious as no Earl Grey has ever been so delicious for me. The leaves themselves are the largest black leaves I've ever seen. The bergamot, at first, seems to be subtle, but when I'm done sipping from my cup all I can taste is a delcious present of slightly citrusy bergamot. The tea itself, bergamot oil aside, is so delicious. I cannot tell what it is, but I strongly suspect Ceylon or possibly Assam. Regardless, it's one of the nicest black teas I've ever had and would love to try it without the oil as well. However, I am not complaining as the bergamot oil is just perfect. Again, I stress that this is a more subtle blend of bergamot oil: tea ratio, but the result is a truly sublime cup of tea. I cannot say how much this tea costs nor can I suggest you go out and buy yourself some, as it seems the tea does not exist (according to the internet). All I offer is a plea, if anyone knows where I could find some of this tea (or know of a similar, delicious and slightly subtle Earl Grey blend), could they please comment and let me know; I would be very grateful.

"The spirit of the tea beverage is one of peace, comfort and refinement."- Arthur Gray, writer

No comments: