Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Avanti Tea Perfection Teapot


I had been on the lookout for a new glass teapot for sometime now, an everday pot that would finally take the place of any bagged tea in my life. I believe I've found it. Whilst this pot does not live up to it's label of "perfection" is it very very good and the faults I've found whilst using it are negligable really.

The capacity of this pot is 500ml (or 2 cups or 17 ounces if you prefer), which is perfect for both having a large cup or to having one with someone else. The interesting and totally unique aspect of this teapot is it's infuser. As you may be able to see in the larger image, the infuser itself is a metal 'cage', filled with very tinty holes, which rests in the hot water, hanging from a metal pole which is attatched to the black ball on top of the pot. The ball can be pulled up, pulling the infuser up (out of the water) and then a hinge allows one to bend the metal pole parallel to the ground. It sounds confusing, but it couldn't be easier and is a dead simple way of allowing tea to infuse to one's desires strength. Not strong enough upn first sip? No problem! The cage infuser can be relowered and reraised with pure ease. This has got to be one of the easiest methods of infusing I've ever seen to be honest. Furthermore, the fact that the teapot is 500ml, allows for a regular amount of leaf to be used and the infuser itself is more than large enough, allowing the leaves to open up fully. I've tested it with a variety of teas and I can ensure that they all infuse perfectly.
However, I did say that the teapot wasn't perfect, and there are a couple of things that need to be pointed out. Any very fine teas may slip through the holes in the infuser, it happened to me when I was brewing a pot of Fireside Rooibos, so finer teas are out of the question for this pot...unless you would like to restrain them or simply have dreggs in your cup. Another slightly annoying aspect of this pot is that it doesn't pour very elegantly. I suppose I'm just nitpicking, because pouring itself is very clean with literally no dripping whatsoever but the pour itself is somewhat messier looking than I would prefer. Just pedantry coming into play though; the pouring is neat and very accurate save for the very last pour which is somewhat difficult to get out given the round body of the pot.
Despite this flaws, this is a terrific teapot and if you are looking for an everday, no fuss teapot for a variety of teas, this would certainly be a fine choice

9 comments:

brooksie said...

Wonderful discussion about the Avanti tea pot - unfortunately I broke mine today and I googled to find a replecement supplier - no luck. Do you know of a supplier? Many thanks for your comments on all things tea - the Grogg(sp??) tea sounds good stuff.
Regards

Unknown said...

After seen the Avanti tea pot and it's information. I wants to buy this tea pot because it's looking very nice an also it have a 500ml Capacity or 2 Cups Capacity that 's perfect tea pot for me and my Girlfriend.
herbal tea

denialjohnn said...

Amazing Tea pot and good post. With leaf and water we can make the best tea. I have never tried this type of tea. I hope I will get best taste.

make 360 panorama

star pluss said...

This blog is really very nice. Amazing Tea pot and good post. I really impressed and attract by that.

convert mp4 to wmv

Unknown said...

Amazing tea pot and good post. With papers and water we can make the best tea. I have tried to start this type of tea. I hope you'll get the best taste.

code reduction

You tttube said...

Amazing tea pot and good post. With papers and water we can make the best tea. I have tried to start this type of tea. I hope you'll get the best taste.
custom suits

Turkish Bend said...

A stylish looking teapot which gives you control over the strength of tea. It is nice eye catching piece. I want buy it. I impressed by that.

akro-mils

yili360 said...

Amazing tea pot and good post. With papers and water we can make the best tea.

dvd to avi on mac

Bagtesh Fashion said...

Amazing Tea pot and good post. Its very interesting and informative and I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing such informative post. Partywear tuxedo suits