Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Intro

First things first, I thought I'd reveal my preferences in terms of tea. My ideal cuppa (Word 2007 claims that is how it is spelt) is no milk, with about one and half non heaped teaspoons of sugar. Naturally, this is variable depending on the type of tea I'm having. I prefer black tea and blends thereof compared to other varieties, yet I would seldom (if ever) turn down any style of tea. My favourite blends are chai (which I prefer with a small dash of milk), Rooibos, Russian Caravan and simple Ceylon. Once again though, I do love night on all kinds of tea.

Whilst having a cup of tea at home, often from a teabag, is a great experience; it is nothing at all like having leaf tea from a pot. Watching the tea leaves unfurl, as they do if they are an unoxidized variety, is worth the extra effort in itself yet tea enthusiasts (or wankers) such as myself, claim the taste is richer. When drinking from the traditional, smaller cups, I prefer the slightest dash of sugar (probably about a quarter of a teaspoon) and no milk. But of course, this varies and when trying a new tea, I always have it with and without sugar and milk to try and find the best possible taste.
My cup of Earl Grey I started drinking when I began writing is now empty, so what better time to finish. I'll start posting reviews/thought I have about Tea real soon though. Be sure to comment on what you would like to discuss, review etc. Also, interested in any history/production of tea? Let me know and I'll post something about that. Until then, let me leave you with a quote…

"Drink a cup of tea and forget the cares of the world" – T'ien Yiheng, Chinese poet


That was the original post on my MySpace blog, and I thought I would post it here as well. If only for chronological reasons. Also, you may be wondering why I'm bothering hosting this blog in two places...well, this is simply a better site for blogging.

No comments: